Latest posts by Grant Sabatier (see all)
- Types of Insurance - July 17, 2019
- Easily Manage Your Online Business with File Sharing - July 14, 2019
- Facebook Side Hustle Course Review 2019 - July 11, 2019
What if you could retire early and travel the world forever? As crazy as that might sound to you, it’s actually possible and not only that, I know two people who’ve done it. Oh, and they’ve written a book to teach you how to do it too. As you know I read a ton of money books, and it’s really hard to impress me.
But in Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required my friends Kristy and Bryce have written one of the best books on money I’ve ever read. What makes this book so good is that there’s no fluff and they have a ton of original strategies on how to travel the world forever. Yes, you read that correctly, travel the world forever.
How To Retire Early & Travel Forever
Kristy and Bryce are Canada’s youngest retirees, retiring in their early 30’s to travel the world full time. Pretty early on in their travel journey’s they figured out that it was cheaper for them to travel the world for a little under $40,000, than it was staying at home!
We live in such a remarkable time, where’s it’s both never been easier in history to make enough money to live a life you love, and it’s never been more affordable to travel for free with travel hacking and geoarbitrage.
Here they are on the Financial Freedom Podcast sharing exactly how to do it….but you can only cover so much ground in 45 minutes and there is soooo much more in the book! But definitely check out the video or the audio below.
Subscribe to the Financial Freedom Podcast
Quit Like A Millionaire Book Review
Here’s my blurb for the book….and how I really feel.
“Quit Like A Millionaire is about so much more than making money, traveling the world, and retiring early (although it teaches you how to do all three insanely well!). It’s a new roadmap to living an awesome life! You don’t need to settle for status quo. Life’s too short for that. So don’t. This book will both inspire and entertain you, while actually giving you the steps and mindset to become a millionaire. Retiring early isn’t easy, but it’s never been easier in history to make it happen. There’s no fluff here. This is the real deal.”
Grant Sabatier, Author of Financial Freedom and Creator of Millennial Money
I loved this book so much. It is so full of life and color and beautifully written. I expected a lot, but was blown away. This is unlike any other money book I’ve ever read and will inspire a ton of people. Quit Like A Millionaire is the perfect balance of story, tactics, and motivation.
I’m not just saying that because they’re my friends or because I featured them in my own book Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need. This book is seriously legit and worth a read no matter where you are on your financial independence journey.
It’s without a doubt the most entertaining money book I’ve ever read, simply because Kristy’s story is so engaging. I read the entire book on a 6 hour plane ride and literally laughed out loud. I can’t ever remember laughing that hard reading any book, let alone a personal finance book.
Another thing I like was the incredible amount of detail in the book, with many charts and graphs to illustrate the most important points and key takeaways.
7 Key Takeaways from Quit Like A Millionaire
Among the many topics covered in the book here are a few that stuck out to me at each stage of their financial journey.
1. Make as much money as you can: Kristy and Bryce didn’t follow their passions because there wasn’t any money in them. Instead they got lucrative jobs (engineers), which allowed them to invest over 50% of their income so they could get as much money as possible growing and working for them.
2. Rent instead of buying real estate: While I personally believe that real estate investing is the fastest path to financial independence, Kristy and Bryce convincingly share their strategy for why the didn’t invest in real estate. This section of the book is incredibly counterintuitive and I learned a lot.
3. Live your own life: It’s up to you to decide what kind of life you want to live. Kristy and Bryce wanted to travel forever, so they viewed saving as an opportunity, not a sacrifice, and it made it easier for them to live their own lives despite how the people around them were living.
4. Invest to create enough consistent cash flow to live on in any market conditions: In order to fund their “permanent vacation” and travel the world forever, they built what they call a “yield shield” with their investing portfolio, where it generates enough cash for them to live on no matter what is happening with the stock market.
5. Keep your cost of living as low as your comfortable with: They are able to live almost completely outside of inflation by moving from country to country where the cost of living is often significantly cheaper than their home country of Canada.
6. Keep your cost of living as low, but live like royalty outside the U.S. and Canada: They are able to live almost completely outside of inflation by moving from country to country where the cost of living is often significantly less.
7. Travel smarter: It’s never been easier to travel for less and the more you learn about travel hacking the more money you can save on plane tickets, use credit card rewards, Airbnb, food, and more. While it can take a little time to learn how to travel for less, the savings and benefits, just like money, compound over time.
and so much much more….
There is so much in this book that you definitely have to read Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Join Millennial Money Crew of 50,000+
+ GET CHAPTER 1 of my Bestselling Book FINANCIAL FREEDOM!