Wells Fargo $400 Checking Account Bonus
You can take advantage of the Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus by opening a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account.
It’s Wells Fargo’s most popular checking account, and the bonus being offered is one of the most generous in the banking industry.
And if you’re going to open a new checking account anywhere, Wells Fargo is an excellent choice.
As a full-service commercial bank with nearly $2 trillion in assets, it has more than 8,000 branches and over 13,000 ATMs in 36 states.
It also has operations in more than 35 countries, serving more than 70 million customers worldwide.
If you’re going to go, go big – and that’s what you’ll be doing with Wells Fargo.
What the Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus Offers
The Wells Fargo checking account bonus will pay you $400 when you open a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account, and meet the requirements listed in the next section.
It’s being offered only to new Wells Fargo account holders who have not received a bonus for opening a Wells Fargo consumer checking account within the past 12 months.
How to Qualify for the Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
To be eligible for the Wells Fargo checking account bonus, you must:
- Open a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Within 90 days of opening your account, the account must receive a minimum of $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits.
Qualifying direct deposits include your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income transferred into your account by ACH. Excluded are transfers from other accounts, as well as mobile deposits, and deposits made it either an ATM or a Wells Fargo branch location.
Though there is no specific minimum account balance requirement to qualify for the bonus, the balance must be greater than zero. (If it isn’t, your account will be subject to closure, and you will not be eligible to receive the bonus.)
Other Qualifying Conditions Include:
- You must provide a US taxpayer identification number by completing IRS Form W-9 (this is generally your Social Security number).
- The Wells Fargo checking account bonus cannot be combined with any other consumer deposit offer.
- The offer cannot be reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded.
- Wells Fargo may limit the Wells Fargo checking account bonus to participating locations.
Receiving Your Bonus
The bonus will be paid subject to the following:
- After the 90-day qualification period has elapsed, Wells Fargo will determine if you have met all requirements of the offer.
- If you’ve met all the requirements, the bonus will be deposited into your checking account within 30 days of that determination.
- The new checking account must still be open at the time the bonus is paid.
- The bonus income will be reported to federal, state, and local tax authorities, and you will be responsible for the payment of any applicable tax.
About the Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking is Wells Fargo’s most popular checking account option. It’s a non-interest-bearing account you can open with a minimum initial deposit of $25.
- Bill Pay and Online Transfers
- Wells Fargo Mobile, with mobile deposits
- Platinum debit card with chip technology
- Access to more than 13,000 Wells Fargo ATMs
- 24/7 customer service
- Text Banking
- Budgeting, cash flow and spending tools
- Zero liability for unauthorized debit card purchases or ATM transactions
- 24/7 fraud monitoring and account alerts
- Send and receive money to family and friends
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking does have a $10 monthly service fee. But it can easily be waived if any of the following apply in each fee period:
- 10 or more posted debit card transactions, including purchases or posted debit card payments of bills
- Qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- $1,500 minimum daily balance
- You have a linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card for college students
- The primary account holder is between 17 and 24 years old
Alternative Sign-up Bonuses at Other Banks
Wells Fargo promotions are hardly the only generous bonuses out there.
Major banks offering sign-up bonuses include the following:
- $300 with TD Bank Beyond Checking
- $300 with Chase Premier Plus Checking
- $100 with Bank of America
- Up to $475 with HSBC Premier Checking OR Advance Checking
- Up to $200 with Chase Total Checking
- Up to $100 with Capital One Referral Offers
You can get additional information on each of the above offers through my Best Bank Account Promotions & Bonus Offers for 2020 guide.
Is A Wells Fargo Checking Account for You?
The Wells Fargo checking account bonus is an incredibly generous offer for such a large bank. You’ll be getting a lot more than the bonus, too. Wells Fargo has thousands of branches and ATM machines in most of the US, as well as full-service commercial and international operations.
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account is an excellent choice as a primary checking account, even without the bonus. Not only does it have no minimum balance requirement, but the $10 monthly fee can easily be waived by taking advantage of any one of five different options.
As well, the Wells Fargo name is one of the best recognized in the banking industry. It may even allow you to manage your financial transactions more easily, and especially when you’re away from home. After all, almost no one in America hasn’t heard of Wells Fargo.
All that, and a $400 sign-up bonus – what are you waiting for?