Want to learn how to make $300 fast? Life comes with unexpected expenses, and sometimes you need extra cash quickly.
Whether you’ve got a bill to pay or you’re saving up for something special, there are a few surefire ways to make 300 dollars quickly.
Continue reading for a rundown of some of the best strategies for making $300 quickly.
Need $300 Right Now?
If you’re strapped for cash and need money fast, you may want to consider getting a cash advance.
Three of my favorite apps that offer instant cash advances to help you get by until your next paycheck are:
- Albert: With Albert, you can get as much as $250 with no credit check, interest, or late fees. For a small fee, you can get your funds deposited instantly!
- Chime: SpotMe is a free service for Chime accountholders that lets you overdraw on debit card purchases by up to $200.
- Empower: Empower offers up to $250 in instant funds, with no interest, fees, or credit checks.
Get a $250 Cash Advance Right Now
Albert will spot you as much as $250 with no credit check, interest, or late fees.
How To Make 300 Dollars Fast
Here are 29 legit ways to make a quick $300:
- Sell Stuff Online
- Use Cashback Apps
- Make Deliveries
- Be a Freelancer
- Make Money Petsitting
- Do Everyday Tasks
- Provide Market Research
- Invest in Stocks
- Start a Blog
- Online Tutor
- Ask for a Raise
1. Sell Your Stuff
One of the best ways to pad your bank account with an extra $300 is to sell stuff.
Here are a few ideas to help you profit from reselling the stuff that’s just lying around your house:
- Have a garage sale
- List items on Facebook Marketplace
- Sell clothing at a local consignment shop
- Try selling stuff on eBay or Craigslist
- Pawn off high-value items
- Sell jewelry on Worthy
- Create a shop on Poshmark
- Sell your old devices on Decluttr
Worthy.com offers you an easy way to sell your unused jewelry online, safely and at great prices. Send your jewelry to Worthy today for a free GIA certified appraisal.
2. Use Cash Back Apps
Capital One Shopping can also help you make money while you shop. The Google Chrome extension finds coupons and applies them to the items you’re shopping for and notifies you when products are cheaper on another site.
I also recommend Paypal Honey, TopCashback, and Rakuten for cashback savings.
Earn cash back on your online purchases with Rakuten. Signup now to earn a $30 bonus!
3. Drive for a Delivery App
You can also work your way to $300 fast by making deliveries.
Delivery apps like DoorDash, UberEats, and Postmates pay you to deliver takeout orders in your area. You’ll get paid for deliveries and get to keep 100% of the tips you earn.
You can also make money delivering groceries with Instacart or delivering packages with Amazon Flex. Take a look at the pay and eligibility requirements for each of these delivery apps to see if one or more of them could be a good fit for you.
A lot of rideshare and delivery drivers boost their income by driving for multiple apps at once.
4. Be a Freelancer
Take a minute to list out your marketable skills. Then, head to a site like Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, or Freelancer to see how much people earn in your industry.
Here are some popular freelancing gigs you can make money with online:
- Freelance writing
- Graphic design
- Video editing
- Web development
- SEO consulting
Freelancing online can help you earn $300 and be a profitable long-term side hustle or full-time business.
Fiverr is one of the top platforms for finding freelance gigs for around the world. Sign up now for free!
5. Make Money as a Dog Walker or Sitter
If you love playing with dogs, you need to check out Rover. It’s a website that connects pet owners with pet sitters and walkers.
You can create a profile, set your own rates, and book dog walking and sitting jobs in your area. The more jobs you book.
Increase your earnings on Rover by getting good reviews, answering messages fast, sharing pictures, and building up a clientele of repeat customers.
6. Do Everyday Tasks
You don’t have to be a web developer or editor to book projects online One of the best ways to make money fast is by doing routine everyday tasks.
You can start by checking with your friends and family to see if they need help with tasks like moving, organizing, babysitting, or lawn care.
If you want to level up this side hustle and book more jobs, look into Taskrabbit. It’s a free app that lets you book odd jobs in your area.
You can make money doing anything from cleaning houses to moving, assembling furniture, and waiting in lines.
7. Provide Market Research
One of the easiest ways to make extra money is on survey sites. To be honest, this isn’t the quickest way to earn $300, but it can help you get there if you combine it with other strategies.
Most of these sites give you points for completing online surveys that you can redeem for cash or gift cards.
Here are the survey sites I recommend most if you want to get paid for completing tasks like doing surveys, watching ads, and reading emails:
- Branded Surveys: Branded Surveys gives you 100 points as a sign-up bonus and has a Branded Elite program that rewards you with even more points when you consistently take surveys. It pays $.30 to $3.00 per survey.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks offers a $20 signup bonus when you earn 1,500 points within 60 days. You can earn around $.40 to $2 for taking surveys, browsing, shopping, and watching videos online.
- LifePoints: LifePoints has a 10-point signup bonus and pays $.60 to $1 per survey, on average. Surveys are super easy to qualify for and only take a few minutes to complete.
- Survey Junkie: Survey Junkie doesn’t have a sign-up bonus, but it gives you instant points for completing your profile. It offers a ton of survey invites, so you won’t run out of options.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars has a $5 sign-up bonus and an average payout of up to $5 per survey. Instead of points, it uses a real cash system. You can get paid for playing games, reading emails, watching videos, and shopping, too.
Swagbucks - Easy Online Rewards & Surveys
Sign Up Bonus: $10
Swagbucks is a legit money-making app where you can make money taking surveys, watching videos, playing games, and more.
8. Invest in Stocks
Some of these apps even offer promotional free stocks that could get you to $300 even faster.
Here are my top picks for beginners:
- SoFi Invest: SoFi Invest has no minimum deposit or commission fees for online stocks. You can also invest in fractional shares of your favorite companies for as little as $5.
- Acorns: Acorns is a user-friendly app that rounds up your purchases to make investments for you. It comes with a debit card and bonus investments. It has no minimum deposit or commissions but charges a small monthly fee.
- Stash: Stash also lets you invest in fractional shares, for as little as a penny. You can choose which stocks or funds to invest in and set up automatic savings. Stash has a low monthly fee but no commissions or minimum deposit requirements.
- Robinhood: Robinhood has a new customer offer that varies based on your account balance. It operates a lot like Acorns and Stash but has no subscription fee. You can invest in stocks, ETFs, and crypto.
Price: $3 per month
Easily save & invest in the background of life. Invest your spare change, save for retirement, spend smarter, earn more, and grow your knowledge.
9. Start a Blog
If you have some of the skills above, you could also put them to work by starting your own blog. While it won’t start earning on day one, your site could easily earn $300 fast once it gets going.
It might seem like a daunting task, but anyone can start a blog. Here are a few quick steps for new bloggers:
- Choose your niche
- Pick a domain name and buy it
- Set up web hosting (I recommend Bluehost!)
- Pick a design theme and build your site
- Start writing posts
- Monetize your content with ads and affiliates
10. Earn Cash as an Online Tutor
Have a gift for communicating and boiling down complicated subjects? You might want to try your hand at online tutoring.
You can earn an average of $20 to $30 tutoring on Chegg, depending on your qualifications.
Even if you aren’t a pro at any given subject, you could earn money teaching English online to international students, whether you have a teaching degree or not.
11. Earn with Social Media
Have a knack for social media? You could make money as a social media manager by posting, engaging with followers, designing graphics, and tracking data.
You could also make money by selling products on Facebook Marketplace or starting an Instagram account to clean out your closet.
Or you could earn on Instagram or TikTok as a brand ambassador if you have a large following. Speaking of Tiktok, you could also make money by posting videos there or on Youtube.
You can even get paid to stream while you play games on Twitch. The possibilities are endless.
12. Share Ads Online
You can also make money sharing ads online, in a few different ways. For example, you can post sponsored pins on your Pinterest for cash.
Or you could share ads for companies on your Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, or Youtube account.
If you have a blog, one of the most significant sources of income is ads. You could make money selling ad space on your website or use affiliate links to promote products or services.
13. Sell Your Photos
If you like taking pictures and have a phone or camera that can take high-quality images, you could make $300 selling photos online.
Lots of sites buy stock photos and give you a commission when someone buys your pictures. Shutterstock, iStock, and Adobe Stock are three legit sites that pay commissions for photos.You could also sell your own images by creating an Etsy shop. With Etsy, you can sell digital images or prints and set your own rates.
14. Be a Rideshare Driver
You could make $300 pretty quickly by driving with Uber or Lyft. The average hourly rate is around $16 to $18 but it can vary based on where you live, what time you drive, and what kind of tips you receive.
Both of these platforms let you cash out multiple times a day, so you can get access to your money fast.
Driving for Uber can be a great way to earn some extra cash, especially in major cities where we've seen drivers earn up to $50 per hour.
15. Use Money Finder Apps
You may be able to save your way to $300, and a money finder app can help. There are a handful of sites out there designed specifically to help you find hidden money.
Here are a few apps to get you started:
- Mint: Mint is a budgeting app that connects your accounts, tracks your cash flow, and negotiates bills to help you save.
- Trim: Trim is all about negotiating your bills, canceling subscriptions, and lowering your credit card interest rates.
- Capital One Shopping: This app tracks your online purchases, notifies you of price drops, and helps you get refunds. It can also track your deliveries to get you shipping refunds for late deliveries.
16. Get Paid to Play Games
Who says you have to put your games down to make money?
Mistplay is a site that lets developers see how people like playing their games. It pays you to play games available in your region and answer a quick survey about them.
You can also play games for cash on some survey sites, including InboxDolars and Swagbucks.
17. Be an App Tester
App developers are also looking for feedback on their products. If you sign up for popular survey sites, you may get the opportunity to test apps and give feedback on their user experience.
You can also join UserTesting, Userlytics, and TryMyUi. These sites are designed specifically for testing apps. Most UserTesting surveys pay around $10, so you could easily make $300 in a month by testing one app per day.
18. Be a Virtual Assistant
Remote work has taken over, and one of the most profitable remote jobs you can get into as a freelancer is virtual assisting.
If you’re great at communicating, have strong organizational skills, and you’re proficient with technology, being a virtual assistant could be a no-brainer.
Indeed puts the average hourly rate for virtual assistants at $20. Whether you go full-time or carve out some hours each week, this could be a solid path to earning $300. You can list your services on freelancer sites like Upwork and Fiverr to get started.
19. Be an Online Chat Agent
If you’re down to talk to strangers and answer their questions, you could rack up some money as an online chat agent.
Amazon Chat Support Representatives respond to questions about purchases and deliveries and can work anywhere from seasonal to part-time or full-time schedules.
If you have more specialized knowledge, look into JustAnswer. The site takes queries on every topic under the sun and matches searchers with experts to answer their questions. You set your hours and can work from your phone.
20. Rent Your Car
If your car is collecting dust in the garage, you could make money by renting it out on Turo.
This is a super passive source of income. You can choose to have renters come pick up your car or deliver it for more money.
Turo lets you set your own rates, or you can use their pricing model, which is based on the industry average.
How much you earn will be affected by your car’s make and model and where you live. You could potentially earn $300 from a rental or two.
21. Flip Furniture
If you like to get your DIY on, this is a fun and profitable side hustle that can help you hit $300 fast.
Basically, you thrift-used furniture (or pick a piece you’re comfortable letting go of), upgrade it, and sell it for a profit.
You can find old furniture at yard sales, thrift stores, and on Facebook Marketplace. There are lots of ideas for furniture renovations on Pinterest if you need some inspiration.
22. Donate Plasma
Did you know plasma donation centers pay an average of $50 to $75 per session? And you can donate twice a week with most companies.
If it’s your first time donating, you may make even more as donation centers offer bonuses to incentivize new donors.
Donating plasma is a great way to pick up $300 fast without lifting a finger. Check out donatingplasma.org to learn about the impact of your donations and find donation centers near you.
23. Get Into Real Estate Investing
Here are two sites that can help you start investing today:
- Roofstock: Roofstock lets you invest in individual single-family homes and earn rental income, with a minimum $5,000 investment.
- Fundrise: With Fundrise, you can invest in real estate investment trusts with as little as a $500 investment with average returns of up to 16%.
24. Rent Out Your Space
Airbnb can help you reach your $300 goal quickly. The popular site lets you rent out anything from a spare room to your entire home.
There are no hosting fees, so you get 100% of the rates you set. If you live in a popular city or tourist destination, you’ll find the most success on Airbnb. Take a look at the site to see what comparable homes are going for to set your rates.
25. Side Hustle Part-Time
A good side hustle doesn’t have to be innovative or tech-based. Don’t forget about tried and true strategies for making money.
If $300 is your goal, you could quickly earn it on tips as a server or bartender. Take a look at local job listings to discover who’s hiring part-time and see if anything piques your interest.
26. Get Paid to Exercise
If you want a side hustle that pays you and pays off for your health, this one’s for you. Some apps will pay you to walk, complete other exercises, and lose weight.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- HealthyWage: HealthyWage lets you join challenges, like betting on how much you’ll lose or completing a step challenge, for cash.
- Evidation: Evidation gives you points for making healthy choices and taking health surveys. You can cash out points as Paypal payments, gift cards, pre-paid gift cards, or donations to charity.
- Sweatcoin: Sweatcoin lets you earn cryptocurrency for walking when you connect the app to your phone’s fitness data.
27. Use Open Class Action Lawsuits
There’s a lot of money to be made on class action lawsuits. You just have to know where to look.
You can use a site like Classaction.com to search and browse open class action lawsuits.
Most class action lawsuits don’t require you to provide proof that you purchased something to get in on a suit, but receipts can’t hurt. Any time you can show documentation, it could help your case.
28. Read and Review Books
Authors and publishers are always looking for commentary on their books. There are a lot of websites that will pay you to read a book and share your opinion on it for cash.
If you love to read, this can be an enjoyable way to earn some extra cash in your free time.
Here are a few sites that will pay you to read and write book reviews:
- Kirkus Media
- Online Book Club
- The U.S. Review of Books
- Any Subject Books
29. Ask for a Raise
You don’t necessarily have to take on another job to make $300. One of the best ways to boost your income is to ask for a raise at work.
Look at the industry average, talk to your peers, and list out some of the biggest ways you add value to your company to justify a raise.
What’s Your Best Strategy to Make $300?
By trying a few of the strategies in this roundup, you can easily make a quick $300 or more.
To choose the right side hustle (or hustles), look at the requirements for each one and consider how much time you want to put in. You should also factor in your interests and pick something that intrigues you.
With that in mind, get out there and earn your $300!