10 Easy Ways To Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
I love Amazon. Yep, I said it. I buy just about everything through Amazon. Nowadays, can you blame me?
And Shopping on Amazon is even more fun when you have a gift card balance in your account ready to be spent.
In this post I will show you how to score free Amazon gift cards while finding new ways to earn cash.
Establishing a full scale side hustle takes time. But if you are in a bind and need to make money fast, then you’ve come to the best place.
This post will only take 10 minutes to read, and it is the best resource available to teach you how to earn free Amazon gift cards fast. These methods are all legit and will only take a few minutes to set up.
10 Best Ways To Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards in 2020
Here are some easy ways to get free money to spend at Amazon:
- 🏆 InboxDollars
- Survey Junkie
- Personal Capital: 🤑 $20 welcome bonus
1. Get a Free $5 Amazon Gift Card with InboxDollars
With InboxDollars, you earn money for small tasks like taking surveys, watching videos, and signing up for offers.
You’ll earn a $5 welcome bonus just for signing up.
It’s such a no-brainer.
2. Survey Junkie – Earn Amazon Gift Cards by Taking Surveys
There are tons of places to take surveys online that will pay you cash via PayPal or Amazon gift cards. Not all survey sites are legit, though, so be careful. One of my favorite survey apps is Survey Junkie.
Survey Junkie is a legitimate way to earn extra cash while you are waiting for the bus, on your lunch break, or even when vegging on the couch. I like to earn money with Survey Junkie as I wake up in the morning.
I like this platform because it’s easy to use, and you can take surveys on-the-go from your phone. Plus, they offer so many surveys that there’s never any shortage in money-earning opportunities (some of the other sites only offer a few each month).
You won’t get rich, but you can make a buck or so per survey. Each will take 5 to 10 minutes to complete, and you can cash out your points for Amazon gift cards!
3. Swagbucks – Daily Rewards + $5 Amazon Gift Card
Yep, another rewards program. But hey, when they make getting free Amazon cards this easy, why not?
With Swagbucks, you earn points for taking online surveys, watching videos, playing video games, shopping online, performing web searches, etc, etc. You can then trade in those points for gift cards.
Just for signing up, you’ll get a $5 bonus.
Let Swagbucks help you put cash (or Amazon gift cards) back in your wallet.
4. Get Paid to Shop with MyPoints
Get paid to shop online! MyPoints partners with more than 1,900 of the top retailers such as Walmart, eBay, and Amazon.
Sign up, make your first purchase of $20 or more, and you’ll get a free $10 Amazon gift card.
5. Download Ibotta for Free and Get a $10 Amazon Gift Card
Ibotta is a cash back and rewards app that started in the grocery store but now has rewards for almost anything.
Unlike some of the other cash back companies, Ibotta rewards you for shopping online or in the store — which I find more convenient for groceries and local shopping.
After a trip to the mall, get cash back! Even after shopping for some items on Amazon, boom!
Ibotta works on iOS and Android devices, and is 100% free to use. There are no subscription fees or pushes for in-app purchases.
And to sweeten the deal, just by signing up you can get a FREE $10 bonus. This can be in the form of an Amazon gift card.
You can earn more in referral bonuses too by inviting your friends ($5 each).
Receipt Hog works in much the same way so you could download both apps and cash out through both from the same shopping trip.
6. Shop with Rakuten & Earn Free Gift Cards
Get a $10 signup bonus from Rakuten that you can trade in for Amazon gift cards!
Rakuten (formerly eBates) is another cashback/coupon shopping site. Unlike Ibotta, Rakuten works through online stores only.
But here’s a pro-tip: the workaround is to shop online and pick up your items in the local store if you prefer visiting retailers like Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, or Kohl’s.
What I like most about Rakuten is the handy browser extension that will alert you if the store you’re browsing has a cashback offer. It will also search for promo codes automatically and apply the one that saves you the best to your cart.
Sign up and get a $10 welcome bonus today! And if you like Rakuten, give Honey a try, too. Honey searches the web and compares it to your online shopping cart which can help you save money elsewhere.
7. Drop App – Earn “Drops” to Redeem for Amazon Gift Cards
With Drop, you earn points or “Drops” by shopping directly from this awesome new cashback app. Just load in your card details to the app and choose your five favorite vendors.
Once you start making purchases through the Drop app at any of your five favorite vendors that you chose, you’ll earn points based on the amount of money you spend. These points can be used for gift cards not only at Amazon, but other great places like Starbucks or for Netfilx. Or you could use your points to enter sweepstakes.
Bonus: Drop users earn a $5 bonus just for signing up and linking your credit card or debit card to the app.
8. PrizeRebel – Earn Amazon, iTunes, Best Buy and Visa Gift Cards
PrizeRebel is another survey site. It works a lot like Survey Junkie but tends to be simpler and even easier to use. I enjoyed using PrizeRebel because you can claim payouts in the form of about 500 different gift cards. The choices include a Visa gift card you can use anywhere.
Like Survey Junkie you’d need 500 points ($5) to redeem a payout. PrizeRebel is so simple and straightforward I would probably list it higher except for one thing. The site’s simplicity has a drawback: You don’t know when you start a survey how much time it will take.
More advanced sites like Survey Junkie let you know in advance how many points you’ll get and how much time you should expect to spend. Survey Junkie also lets you know in advance if the survey will require some kind of supporting documentation.
And, sadly, PrizeRebel does not have smartphone apps which means you’d need to be on your laptop or your phone’s web browser to earn extra money for your bank account.
9. InstaGC – If You Want a Variety In One Place
Let’s face it. Taking surveys all day can become mind-numbing. So can watching videos or playing video games. If you’d like a wider variety of to-do’s in one place, give InstaGC a look.
Yes, you can complete surveys and watch videos but you can also test apps, browse web sites, test physical products, and refer friends to earn credits which you can trade in for Amazon gift cards and many other kinds of gift cards.
You could also get PayPal cash but your points will have less value if you cash them out directly. Gift cards don’t require a fee.
10. Sign Up with Personal Capital for a Free $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Personal Capital, my favorite and free financial tracker app, will give you a $20 Amazon gift card just for signing up. It’s that simple.
There is a reason I wrote such a comprehensive Personal Capital Review and log into it every day. It really does help me track everything I need to know about my money – investment performance, cash flows, budgets, and early retirement trajectory. This is the best money app – period.
Everyone’s Searching For Free Amazon Gift Cards!
In the age of online shopping, everyone notices free Amazon gift card offers. I know this because I’m a nerd and spend a lot of time analyzing Google search engine queries to help identify user needs.
I analyze searches so I can answer questions and come up with the best solutions for Millennial Money readers. Check it out, these are the most searched phrases related to “Free Amazon gift cards”:
- “amazon free money code”
- “free amazon gift card 2019”
- “free amazon gift card survey”
- “how to get free amazon gift cards fast”
- “free amazon gift card codes 2018”
- “free amazon gift card codes 2019”
- “free amazon gift card no surveys”
- “free amazon gift card codes list”
- “Free gift card app”
- “how to get free amazon gift cards fast”
The searches on Microsoft’s Bing search engine are similar. But over 100,000 people search these terms each month in Google alone. Clearly there is a need to learn how to get gift cards from Amazon quickly. A lot of websites try to answer this question.
The trouble is, many of the solutions require you to jump through so many hoops to earn Amazon gift cards for free. Sometimes, we need cash faster!
Some sites can also be spammy or invasive or just feel illegitimate. Other sites require you to watch videos or play games which could take a long time. Or on some sites it could take you weeks to earn enough points to cash in — whether you’re going for Amazon gift cards, PayPal cash, or some other perks.
I’ve tried nearly all of them so that I could compile the most legit ways to earn free Amazon gift cards. This is the one-stop-shop to earn Amazon gift cards fast. I hope you found it helpful.
Get Amazon Gift Cards From Amazon Itself
My 10 best ways to earn Amazon gift cards didn’t include the following ways to make money because Amazon itself offers these methods. But they’re definitely worth mentioning and they may be just the thing you need today:
- Mechanical Turk: Amazon will put you to work doing data entry or maybe even some copy editing and then pay you with its own gift cards. You won’t earn a living wage in the United States but if you’re looking for extra money and you can work quickly, give Mechanical Turk a try.
- Reload: If you have an existing gift card and reload it with an additional $100, Amazon will toss in an extra $5. This won’t help if you don’t already have $100. But still, if you’re going to spend the money on Amazon anyway, reload your gift card before shopping — the 5% payoff is a nice earning rate.
- Amazon Prime Visa Rewards Card: This isn’t one you want to use over and over, but when you sign up for an Amazon Prime Visa, Amazon will apply a $70 gift card to your account. Don’t do this unless you’re already shopping for a new credit card. You could lose more in interest than you’re earning in perks which also include 5% cash back on Amazon and Whole Foods purchases.
Even if you just earn enough to pay your Amazon Prime bill each month, you’d be coming out on top.
Are Online Surveys Secure Ways to Make Money?
Working, shopping, and banking online — all of these everyday activities require top-notch security. Online survey sites and other ways to earn gift cards online are no different.
All of the sites I mentioned take sensible security precautions to protect your financial and personal contact data. But you should also take security measures:
- Don’t Share Your Account Details: If a site wants your bank account numbers or other sensitive info, just move along somewhere else. You can always use PayPal to move cash from a survey site to your bank account rather than a direct connection to your bank account.
- Don’t Use the Same Passwords: It’s so convenient to use the same password on multiple sites — just about everybody has done it. But you really should take the extra time and effort to use different passwords on different sites. If someone got your Lifepoints password that would be inconvenient. But if the same password got the hacker into your bank account, you’d have a much bigger problem.
- Be Careful on Public Computers: There’s probably no need to log into sensitive accounts on public computers anymore, but if you do need to do this, remember to clear browsing data after you’re done. If you’re checking your Opinion Outpost balance in a library or campus computer lab and your password gets saved in the browser, the computer’s next user could log in to your account, too.
Be safe, have fun, and earn some extra cash, or Amazon gift cards, in your free time!