Is Survey Club worth your time? It’s one of the original ways to make money doing surveys online.
Check out this Survey Club review to see if this is something to add to your roster.
What is Survey Club?
On any survey site, you’re trading some of your free time for extra money.
You won’t get rich. No survey site can replace a full-time job or even a part-time job.
But you could earn some extra cash to eat out a couple times a month or to pay the Internet bill.
The key is to build Survey Club into your daily routine.
Do you spend a lot of time on the bus or in line? Do you have spare time built into your work day? You could use this time to answer surveys and turn this extra time into extra money.
Once you earn at least $25, you can cash out your account. Survey Club pays in cash via PayPal or in Amazon gift cards.
Optimize your survey taking experience with Survey Club. They will find the best surveys for you to make money on by being an aggregator that will go find surveys on other sites for you to complete that meet your criteria.
How Does Survey Club Work?
About 16 million people worldwide have joined Survey Club. Millions more use Survey Junkie and other survey companies to make money online.
So how can online survey sites afford to pay so many people actual money every month just for answering questions on their smartphones?
Survey Club makes money by selling public opinion. All the answers to all the surveys become market research which businesses and marketing companies need and will pay for.
When you share your thoughts on products or services at surveyclub.com, you’re helping provide valuable research data. So why not get some extra cash in return?
That’s what survey sites like Survey Club do — they gather public opinion and act as a middleman connecting public opinion and businesses who want to know how the public will respond to their products and services.
Survey Club Features
New survey sites pop up all the time. With so many survey opportunities out there, what sets Survey Club apart?
For one thing, Survey Club has had a lot of time to improve its platform. Founded in Colorado back in 2005, Survey Club is one of the original online survey sites.
The sign-up process is seamless. Finding surveys isn’t time-consuming the way it can be with other survey companies.
Here are some of my favorite Survey Club standout features:
Survey sites have a tendency to let you start a survey and then kick you out once your answers show you’re not in the survey’s target demographic.
This is annoying because you get credit only for completed surveys. A survey you don’t complete equals wasted time.
Survey Club’s filter feature lets you find out whether you qualify for a survey before you start answering the questions.
You won’t qualify for every survey opportunity on this site, but at least you won’t waste time answering questions that earn you nothing.
Connect With Other Survey Panels
Unlike most other survey companies, Survey Club is an aggregator. Rather than a single platform, it’s a collection of platforms — a hub of sorts.
This means you could be redirected other sites, known as research panels, to take a survey. This may be disorienting for some users but it opens up more chances to complete surveys and earn extra cash.
The downside is that your rewards may be spread across a few different survey sites. But the upside is the possibility of finding higher-paying survey opportunities at the other sites.
For example, Survey Club could direct you to a paid focus group or clinical trial which could earn you more extra cash than a typical online survey.
Focus groups available through Survey Club include:
- Mini Focus Groups: These include only a couple of people and don’t take very long.
- Teleconference Focus Groups: Usually done via phone call or webcam to get your opinion.
- Two-Way Focus Groups: Two focus groups observe each other and provide comments, observations, or opinions about the other group’s behavior.
These research studies typically seek niche demographic groups, so don’t get bummed if you don’t qualify for them right away.
Other Interesting Research Panels
If you like a little variety in your survey answering side hustle, you’ll like the variety Survey Club can provide.
For example, you could even find taste tests on Survey Club. They’ll send you actual products to test in your home.
It’s not all about answering questions on your phone.
Survey Club Earning Potential
As with most other survey sites, Survey Club is free to join. You could start earning extra money today.
But like I said up top, don’t quit your day job just yet. Most surveys don’t pay very much. You may earn $1 or even less for a survey. This is the case for all survey sites.
Your earnings accrue gradually — a dollar here and there. And then, one day you may get lucky and get connected to a well-paying focus group or research panel and earn $20 or even $100 or more.
You just can’t count on this as steady income. To maximize your earning potential, I recommend:
- Consistent Access: The more you log in the more chances you’ll have of getting into surveys. A lot of new surveys fill up quickly.
- Creating a Routine: Even if you just earned $3 every weekday, over the course of a month you’d have about $60. You can use your downtime to answer surveys instead of scrolling social media or news sites.
Getting Paid by Survey Club
Getting paid through Survey Club is simple enough. You’ll have to earn at least $25 before you can withdraw money.
Once you reach the $25 threshold, you can cash out through Amazon gift cards, PayPal, or a check.
It could take a couple of weeks for your payment to process which can be frustrating. So plan ahead for cashing out.
Survey Club Rewards Programs
Survey Club has a referral program that can help you meet the $25 minimum for a cash out.
Every time someone you know signs up for Survey Club using your unique referral link, you’ll get $1 credited to your account.
If you know people who might like Survey Club, this is a great way for you to rack up easy cash. If you invite people to join on social media make sure they have your unique referral code or you won’t get the credit.
Opening a Survey Club account takes only a few minutes. You’ll need to be 16 years old to earn Amazon gift cards. Because of PayPal’s regulations, you’ll need to be 18 to earn cash.
Anyone from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or Canada can join.
Expect a Personal Questionnaire
Before you start answering questions about products you’ll have to answer a few about yourself. Survey Club’s initial questionnaire helps match you with the right surveys.
The platform will want to know your name, age, gender, and marital status, of course. It’ll also ask where you shop and what kind of phone you use.
Extra Questions Save You Time
These questions narrow down the surveys you qualify for and match you with surveys that will pay you the most money. From there, you are free to begin taking surveys on your own schedule.
After selecting and beginning a survey, you may need to answer some further qualifying questions. This extra step ensures you fit the survey’s demographic so you don’t waste time.
Be Aware of the Trick Questions
A survey will also ask trick questions to make sure you are reading the questions and paying attention. Make sure that you actually read the questions so you don’t get disqualified!
If you do not qualify for a survey, just move on to other possibilities. If you do qualify, the actual survey will appear next.
Once you complete a survey, you will see the earnings appear on your dashboard.
Optimize your survey taking experience with Survey Club. They will find the best surveys for you to make money off of by being an aggregator that will go find surveys on other sites for you to complete that meet your criteria.
Survey Club Security
When you share personal information, you want to know what’s happening with it.
Survey Club pledges it won’t share your personal information with anyone else.
As for the answers to your surveys, these aren’t connected to your profile. They’re combined with other answers to create the market research companies need.
But some surveys do require additional personal details. Survey Club will let you know about this before a survey starts. You can always decline a survey when you are not comfortable with its terms.
You should never be asked to share bank account or credit card numbers with Survey Club. PayPal acts as a middleman if you want to redeem cash value.
Survey Club Customer Support
Survey Club makes it easy to find help if you have technical problems with the site or with withdrawing money. Start by clicking ‘Contact Us’ on the footer of the Survey Club home page.
You’ll see a link to the support desk site where you can submit a ticket and access the knowledge base.
You can find answers to several problems on Survey Club’s FAQ page which is also linked from its home page.
You can always call for help, too.
Pros and Cons
All survey sites have good and bad points. Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons for Survey Club:
- Available Internationally: Because of its various international partners, Survey Club works in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada — along with the United States.
- Qualifier Filter: This is an enormous time-saver. You can reduce “unpaid” time by avoiding surveys you wouldn’t qualify for anyway. With other survey sites you may not know you don’t qualify until the survey is under way.
- Focus Groups and Clinical Trials: These high-paying research opportunities could boost your weekly earnings exponentially. Some people report earning hundreds of dollars from a single study. You can’t count on qualifying for these regularly, but it’s nice when they come along.
- Low Minimum Payout: It shouldn’t take you long to reach the $25 minimum payout limit. Other sites may set the bar as high as $50 before you can cash out. Survey Club knows you want to see the money quickly, and its low accrual limit will help you get there.
- Long Qualifying Surveys: Even with Survey Club’s qualifier filter, you’ll have to spend some time finding out whether you qualify. When you don’t qualify for a survey, you’ve wasted time because you get paid only for completed surveys.
- Spam Alert: Sometimes, Survey Club will redirect you to other survey sites to complete a survey. These sites could access to your email and begin sending you spam. I recommend creating a separate email account to keep this from clogging up your regular inbox.
- Reaching Minimum Payout: As with any survey site, these surveys pay you quarters at a time, so it can take a while to reach the minimum $25 payout. If you’d rather spend your time doing something a little more lucrative, you’re not alone.
- Middleman: Survey Club operates as a traffic coordinator. It shuffles users from its site to other popular, legitimate survey sites, like Inbox Dollars or Swagbucks. Odds are you can find all the surveys listed on Survey Club entirely on your own without an account.
Alternatives to Survey Club
The online survey marketplace has become over-saturated. This means you have plenty of options to choose from. Here are some other survey sites that measure up to Survey Club.
InboxDollars is another aggregator that uses filters to suggest the best surveys for you based on your demographic data.
You get paid in cash which a lot of people prefer to a points system that translates into cash or gift cards.
You’ll also have a variety of options to earn money by reading emails, watching videos, and playing games.
LifePoints is a survey site backed by two reputable market research companies. It offers a variety of ways to earn, such as surveys, diary entries, and product testing.
This site is available internationally. It even offers surveys in 26 languages.
Survey Junkie is one of the leading survey sites. It’s simple to use and offers an earning potential similar to Survey Club’s.
Is Survey Club Legit?
Survey Club is not a scam. Scam survey sites fade quickly in and out of existence, but Survey Club has stood the test of time.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Survey Club A+.
Millions of members have proof that Survey Club pays actual money. Those members also know you won’t get rich from answering surveys.
Survey Club will tell you the same. The site is candid about the amount of income you can expect to earn on the site.
The ideal Survey Club member has free time and wants to earn a little extra money. As with any survey site, your success depends, in part, on your demographic. Some surveys need people who fit a particular demographic. Others want a broader opinion.