Survey Junkie is one of the most popular survey sites out there, offering you a chance to earn extra cash for sharing your honest opinions – but what if we told you there are some pretty awesome Survey Junkie hacks you can use to maximize your earnings?
Answering surveys on Survey Junkie is one of our favorite side hustles to recommend. And being familiar with the ins and outs of this popular rewards app, we’ve got the inside scoop on how to increase your earning potential.
These are some pretty easy yet overlooked ways to make the most money on Survey Junkie.
9 Easy Survey Junkie Hacks to Make More Money
Here are some easy Survey Junkie hacks you can start using today:
- Provide accurate sign-up info
- Check your email often
- Jump in quickly when new online surveys are available
- Invite your friends
- Join SJ Pulse
- Do not use a VPN
- Only set up one Survey Junkie account
- Follow Survey Junkie on Social Media
- Have Fun
1. Provide accurate sign-up info
Don’t lie or provide fake information when you sign up for Survey Junkie. It’s tempting to do because it’s a strange, new company. But signing up for Survey Junkie with inaccurate information is going to harm your earning opportunities and reduce how much money you’ll be able to make.
The information you give Survey Junkie during the sign-up process—profile surveys, short polls, home address—is how they match you to market research opportunities.
To get access to the best surveys, don’t lie.
You need to answer questions honestly and consistently. Survey Junkie shares paid surveys with you based on your known interests and demographics. If you change your personal information (i.e., today you live alone and don’t drive a car; tomorrow you’re married with kids and drive a minivan), Survey Junkie will notice the glaring inconsistencies.
It will appear to Survey Junkie that you are answering questions dishonestly to try and qualify for as many survey opportunities as possible. If you answer questions inconsistently, over time, fewer and fewer paid surveys and focus groups will be available. Eventually, you could get banned from the platform.
Tell the truth
Answer all profile questions, survey pre-screener questions, and survey questions honestly and completely. Different surveys need different demographics — retired, divorced, students, unemployed, home builders — the list is endless. Market research companies need to hear from every demographic, including yours.
Different surveys will target different people; this is true.
But if you answer all survey questions consistently, this will help Survey Junkie understand your profile and send the best surveys. It is possible that you will still be disqualified from surveys, but you will disqualify much less often if you give Survey Junkie a clear and accurate picture of who you are.
Survey Junkie is the most reputable online survey company and an easy way to make some extra money in your free time.
2. Check your email often
Make sure to check your email often. Survey Junkie will notify you by email when there are new market research opportunities available. Surveys can fill up quickly, so you want to respond right away.
Here are some tips to make sure these emails don’t get buried in your inbox:
- Set alerts for emails that come from Survey Junkie so they are starred or marked as high importance.
- Remember to check your spam mail and junk folders for any messages from Survey Junkie.
- Set up a separate email address for your Survey Junkie (and other side hustle) emails.
3. Jump in quickly when new online surveys are available
Tied to our last tip, make sure to jump in quickly when a new survey is available. A survey can fill up within a few minutes of an email announcement being sent out.
That’s not to say you should stare at your inbox all day waiting for Survey Junkie emails (you shouldn’t); but rather, when you see a great opportunity make sure to act right away. You can find new surveys in your email or on the Survey Junkie dashboard.
Since you can use Survey Junkie on your phone (with the free app or mobile website) or your laptop or tablet, it should be easy to quickly act on new survey opportunities.
4. Invite your friends
The Survey Junkie affiliate program will pay you cash bonuses for sharing Survey Junkie with your friends, family, and social followers. When someone signs up with your referral link, you can get a cash bonus.
The reward amount depends on how many referrals you send.
While this affiliate program is designed with blogs and influencer programs in mind, you don’t necessarily need to be a blogger or influencer to get a piece of the action.
If you’ve got a decent presence on TikTok or Instagram, or you’ve got your own blog, it’s worth taking a minute or so to see if you can qualify. This referral program is one of the most under-used Survey Junkie hacks even though it’s an excellent way to earn.
5. Join SJ Pulse to earn extra money
Make sure to sign up for SJ Pule to earn extra money. It enables you to earn passive income just by using the Internet.
How SJ Pulse works
SJ Pulse is a market research program you can sign up for as a Survey Junkie member. The program shares insights with DISQO (Survey Junkie’s parent company) about brands and products you search online, and how you engage with them: websites, ads, apps, purchases, and more.
The program gives marketers access to more reliable information about consumer spending habits as they can monitor them in real time instead of relying on consumers’ memory several days or weeks later in an online survey.
Through this exciting research program, you’re helping brands and marketers make better products and services.
Your data is highly protected. You can find out more about how insights are gathered for the SJ Pulse program, but in a nutshell, SJ Pulse looks broadly at consumer browsing activity and ignores (does not collect) sensitive data like logins or passwords.
Easy Add-on Money
There’s an upfront bonus to join SJ Pulse (it can range from 50 to 150 points). You must keep SJ Pulse installed for at least 30 days to collect the reward. After that 30 day period, you can earn additional points for keeping SJ Pulse on your machine.
Earlier data (no longer published) on the Survey Junkie website suggests members can earn an additional $5 a month through SJ Pulse. There is no specific monthly earning figure for SJ Pulse shared now — by Survey Junkie or through other user reviews.
But whether it’s 1 point or 1,000 points, using SJ Pulse is a no-brainer. Add it once to your device and continue to reap the rewards. It’s one of the best Survey Junkie hacks on this list and an easy way to top up your earnings each month.
6. Do not use a VPN
Make sure that you do not access the Survey Junkie website using a VPN. Many survey sites will ban or restrict your account for using one.
A VPN is a software program designed to protect your data online. A VPN will hide your actual location and make it look like you are located somewhere than your actual location — i.e, a neighboring city, a different state, or a different country.
While VPNs can make for a safe (non-traced) browser experience, many bad actors use the VPNs to commit cyber crimes. That’s why many websites will block or restrict user access when a VPN is detected.
While there aren’t any specific mentions of “VPN” in Survey Junkie’s terms and conditions, we recommend you use them on Survey Junkie.
Firstly, Survey Junkie does an excellent job maintaining data security.
Beyond that, using a VPN will restrict your earning opportunities. A VPN could make it appear — to Survey Junkie and their survey partners — that you are based out of Montreal, Quebec instead of Cleveland, Ohio. This will limit the surveys and programs you are eligible for.
7. Make sure you only set up one Survey Junkie account
Make sure to set up one Survey Junkie account only.
In a bid to boost their earnings, many survey takers will create a second or third account. They want to get more high-paying surveys and cash out twice as often. Do not do this; this is fraud.
Survey Junkie permits only one account per member; each member may have only one unique address tied to their account. If you have multiple email addresses, pick one for Survey Junkie and stick with it.
This is a fraud prevention measure. Survey Junkie takes security and data integrity very seriously — both for its market research partners and for its members. Surveys need respondents and feedback from a large number of unique participants, not the same persons answering the same survey multiple times.
If you are found to have set up more than one Survey Junkie account, one or both of your accounts can be canceled with your earnings revoked.
8. Follow Survey Junkie on social media
Survey Junkie keeps up an active social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Survey Junkie will share updates and notifications about site changes, new offerings, new surveys (including the highest-paying ones), and tips about how to maximize your earnings.
Social is also a good way to find out about special promotions and giveaways. Survey Junkie will announce contests and giveaways on their social accounts.
9. Have fun!
Make sure to have fun earning money on Survey Junkie. If you’re not having fun, you’ll approach it as work and find yourself frustrated you’re not earning more.
- Answer surveys from the Survey Junkie app while you’re binge-watching your favorite TV show or you’re waiting to board your flight.
- Invite your friends. It’s more fun if you’re both earning rewards together.
- Set big goals and small goals too so that you can gamify the experience and make Survey Junkie even more fun. Some goals could be: to attempt five surveys per day, earn at least 200 points per day, or earn at least 10,000 points in the next 3 months.
Survey Junkie is something you’re doing in your spare time. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s just not worth it.
Pros & Cons
Survey Junkie work has a lot of pros if you want to use this site as an online side hustle but as with the pros, Survey Junkie also has some cons you should consider.
- The surveys actually pay. Earn up to $3 for most surveys, with some longer ones paying more.
- DQ or disqualify bonus. Survey Junkie knows you won’t qualify for every survey opportunity and will pay you up to 3 points (3 cents) per survey DQ. Most survey sites don’t offer any DQ bonus to thank you for your time and effort. Popular survey site Swagbucks offers only a 1-cent bonus and there’s a daily cap on how many times it may be collected.
- Easy to cash out. There’s a low minimum payout threshold and you can request a payout once you’ve reached at least $5 in earnings.
- Variety of ways to earn. In addition to online surveys, you can earn for participating in the online SJ Pulse program, affiliate program or entering contests and giveaways.
- Popular prize options and quick payment processing. PayPal cash and Amazon gift card are the two most common prizes selected, but you can also choose from gift cards to other popular stores like Apple, iTunes, Walmart, or Sephora.
- Age requirements. You must be at least 16 years old to join Survey Junkie. If you’re a younger teen looking to earn money online, check out Swagbucks or PaidViewpoint. These survey programs are open to ages 13 and older.
- Geographic requirements. Anyone in the U.S., Canada, or Australia (meeting the age requirements) can join, but Survey Junkie is not (yet) available in other countries.
- Surveys can get repetitive. Doing just surveys can get repetitive. Other rewards sites, like Kashkick or PrizeRebel, offer games, offers, and other activities to earn cash in addition to just surveys.
- It’s not a full-time job. For some, this could be considered a pro and not a con. But if you’re looking for a full-time job, Survey Junkie won’t work. You can find other full-time remote jobs though that may be a better fit.
Have Realistic Earning Goals when Using Survey Junkie
Make sure to approach Survey Junkie with realistic earning goals. Paid survey sites provide a fun and convenient way for you to earn extra cash on the side, but Survey Junkie is not a full-time job.
Think of Survey Junkie as a free, flexible way to earn money online by sharing your honest opinions. Dedicated members (active every day or nearly every day) can earn an extra $30 to $200 a month.
There are a lot of survey opportunities you will not qualify for and it’s important to keep this in mind so that you are not frustrated or disappointed. You will earn 3 points with each survey disqualification. And for surveys that do pay, you can earn 20 cents to $3 — or even more.
And while you can earn upwards of $200 a month on Survey Junkie—which is fantastic for a side hustle you can do from your couch—that’s not a guaranteed sum each month. There will be variance based on the availability of surveys and of survey takers, which brings us to our next point: diversify your side hustle game.
Don’t Make Survey Junkie Your Sole Side Hustle
Don’t make Survey Junkie your only side hustle. Yes, we love Survey Junkie, but it’s always good to add some variety into the mix so you don’t get bored doing just one side hustle.
- You can join multiple survey websites at once — and collect other sign-up bonus rewards, too. Swagbucks, InboxDollars and Branded Surveys are other great survey apps that pay PayPal and gift card
- Earn cash and gift cards for playing games and trying new offers. Kashkick, Mistplay, and JustPlay pay you PayPal cash and gift cards for completing these activities and other online tasks.
- Bring your skills to the small screens. You can make DIY or tutorial videos for Udemy, Skillshare, or Coursera — or share them free on YouTube. Eventually, you can monetize these videos with ads and sponsors, or by selling the course content.
- Sell your talents on gig work sites like Fiverr, Upwork, or FlexJobs. Create listings for online services you can provide. Infographic creation, web design, freelance writing, voice-over work, product testing, email research, and virtual assistant work are the most common services advertised—and hired—on online job boards.
Keep things varied and you won’t grow bored with just one gig alone. And if one gig dries up, you’ll have a diverse stream of side hustles at your fingertips.
Frequently Asked Questions
How legit is Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie is extremely legit. Based out of Glendale, Calif, Survey Junkie was founded in January 2011. Over the past 12 years, Survey Junkie has paid over $25 million in the form of PayPal (account cash deposits) and gift cards.
Since 2017, Survey Junkie has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
On the third-party review site, TrustPilot, Survey Junkie has a 4.3 (out of 5) star rating based on over 42,500 reviews. 66% of reviewers give Survey Junkie a perfect score.
Ratings are even higher in the app stores: Survey Junkie has a 4.6 (out of 5) star rating in iTunes and a 4.4 (out of 5) star rating in Google Play.
Does Survey Junkie pay well?
Yes, Survey Junkie pays very well relative to other survey sites and side hustle apps.
Most surveys pay anywhere from 20 cents to $3, and it’s easy for beginners or seasoned survey takers to make money.
Since 2011, Survey Junkie has paid members more than $25 million for completing surveys and participating in online market research.
Active Survey Junkie members (using the site at least 3-4 times a week) can reasonably earn an extra $30 to $200 per month.
How long does Survey Junkie payout take?
Survey Junkie pays out quickly.
- Payout threshold: the minimum to cash out is $5 and it’s easy to reach that figure within 1-3 days.
- Payment processing: It can take 2-4 business days for you to receive your rewards, with the cash deposited into your PayPal account or the e-gift card delivered to your inbox.
Other survey reward sites, by contrast, may require higher thresholds (i.e., $10 to $20) for you to cash out – and the payment processing can take several days longer.
How do you get free money on Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie offers its members a number of ways to earn free money in the form of PayPal or e-gift cards to Amazon and other popular stores.
- Take surveys online and earn 20 cents to $3 per survey, although some surveys do pay more.
- Do online focus groups — these tend to pay more than surveys but there are fewer online focus group opportunities available. In these sessions, you give your opinions verbally over the camera.
- Join SJ Pulse, Survey Junkie’s online market research Through SJ Pulse, you agree to have your web browsing activity tracked so researchers can learn how you interact with different products and services via the app, website, video, social media, and exposure to ads.
- Take advantage of the Survey Junkie affiliate program to refer friends and followers.
- Enter Survey Junkie prize giveaways and contests whenever they are available.
Should You Use Survey Junkie Hacks?
Survey Junkie offers everyday consumers an outstanding way to make their opinions count. You can earn cash and free gift cards for taking surveys right from your laptop or phone.
Earn where you like, whether it’s from your local coffee shop or from your armchair while binge-watching your favorite show.
To make the most of your time—and money—on Survey Junkie, make sure that you take advantage of all the Survey Junkie hacks we’ve shared. Refer your friends, join SJ Pulse, stay consistent with the information you provide, and regularly log in to take advantage of as many surveys as possible.
Using all these Survey Junkie hacks will help you make more money on the website and have even more fun.